Welcome to Wemla! If you want to make a living doing what you love the most, without having to give up time spent with loved ones and on self-care, you have come to the right place.
Who You Are
Maybe you have owned your own small or larger business for years already, or maybe you spend time at your current work, dreaming of entrepreneurship, being your own employer? Perhaps you just founded a startup within your niche, got investors on-board, and have no idea of how to run a firm?
Few of us have time to study business full-time whilst also working in our own field of expertise, so that is where we step in.
No matter what your background and starting point is, there is always something new to learn, to improve, to question, and to replace. Strategy remains, tactics change, social-media platforms come and go, and never is it a great idea to put all eggs in one basket.
We can help you by teaching key entrepreneurial skills fast, much quicker compared to formal educations.
Fact is owning a company means learning a lot more than honing the skills needed of an expert employee, but it can be overwhelming to decide where to start, let alone take the time in an already busy day for focussed learning. What is your dream for your firm’s future?
Who We Are
Our background is in very different industries of business. The Wemla Ab Oy board consists of three co-founders and owners, sisters Nina and Eva, and father Owe:
- Nina, our managing director, is the one you will meet here on the website and in social media.
- She has a Master’s degree in science, majoring in biochemistry, and theoretical studies in medicine.
- Last year she enrolled in open-university courses at Hanken, a local school of economics, to expand on self-studies in business.
- She started from selling jewellery in an Etsy shop years ago and is now the owner of her own small business with focus on handicrafts among others. Her skills include selling both physical (handmade and retail) and digital products.
- Eva, our head of board, has studied business (Master’s degree) in Helsinki, Finland, as well as in Canada.
- Her expertise is strategy, marketing and sales development in global enterprises in industrial goods, where she is employed full-time.
- Owe, our supportive member of the board, is retired now, but holds a degree in mercantile studies and made his career in ship supplies, and removals.
- In his youth, he lived and worked a few years in Germany in the Lübeck and Travemünde area, and continued in ship supplies after moving back home.
- Both industries have given him a solid, hands-on understanding of logistics as well as infrastructure in different countries. He has also seen how sales as a practice has changed over the decades.
We bring very different perspectives to the mix and hope you will find it useful.
Wemla’s Vision, Mission And Values
Wemla was registered in spring 2018, after which collaboration happened with a graphic designer for a brand identity. We hope you find it as informal, optimistic and timeless as we do!
Our vision is to help ambitious people fall in love with doing better business: making good decisions, finding joy in fearless testing and pivoting in times of hardship, and growing in stable ways to increase profitability.
Our mission is to provide you with strategic and action-oriented business resources to take solid theory into happy practice here and now, based on reliable academic principles instead of nonsensical fluff.
Our values include sustainability expressed through sustainable marketing (decreasing environmental impact, social responsibility, ethical business practices, optimising production processes and workflows, etc.), anti-racism and inclusion, meticulous work, and calm ambition.
Business skills are not mystical and for a select few, but a set of tools, a means to reach your desired destination. Let’s get started!
If you have feedback to share or requests to make, please don’t hesitate to contact us. That’s why we are here. You can post comments on the blog or on our profiles in social media, but emails are very welcome, too. Please head over to our Contact page or to our Blog to get to know us.
Last edited: 26 November 2020.